How to collect a pooled sampleback to resources
Pooled or combined water samples are a cost-effective way to test the dental unit water quality coming out of your unit. Test every waterline in your unit (air-water syringe, high and slow-speed handpieces, scalers, etc.) to most accurately test each unit. Your results will show the average bacteria count for all waterlines in that unit. Here’s the step-by-step guide to pooling your sample.
- Determine the number of active waterlines on your dental unit that you will sample.
- Based on that number, sample an equal amount of water from each device into the sample vial. For example, if you have 4 waterlines, fill the vial with 4 equal parts from each waterline (or 1/4 of the vial for each waterline).
- Screw the cap on tightly.
- Related product(s):
- R2A Waterline Testing Kit
- Flo Waterline Testing Kit