Flo instructions for useback to resources
ProEdge Dental Water Labs utilizes gold-standard testing and laboratory methods to ensure you get the most reliable results to protect your patients and practice. Review the following instructions closely to ensure a smooth Flo™ testing process.
Step 1: Prep
Before beginning to take water samples, place your ice pack in the freezer for 3 hours or until completely frozen. Then begin filling out the test submission form, starting with your practice information and protocol information. These and all sections of the form need to be filled out completely each time you test in order for your test to be processed.
Step 2: Sample
Using aseptic technique, fill sample vials to approximately 3/4 full and close the cap tightly. Match the number on the vial with the corresponding vial number on the submission form. Designate the operatory/unit location, circle the location(s) of the sample, and note whether it is Dr. Side or Assistant Side.
Step 3: Package
Place the frozen ice pack and all of the water samples in the nylon pouch. Place the nylon pouch and the submission form in the insulated silver mailer. With all components included, place the mailer into the FedEx Clinical Pak. Remove adhesive backing and tightly seal the FedEx Clinical Pak. Your overnight shipping label is prepaid and already placed on your Clinical Pak.
Step 4: Ship
- Now that you’re ready to go, you can ship overnight to ProEdge in two ways:
Call 1-800-GO-FEDEX or visit FedEx.com to schedule a FedEx pickup
at your office.
- Deliver to a FedEx drop box by 3:00 pm or to any FedEx shipping
location, including Walgreens.
Important testing tips:
- Ship water samples in the FedEx Clinical Pak. DO NOT ship it in a box.
- Ship the same day you take water samples.
- Ship samples Monday–Thursday. DO NOT ship on Fridays or before a holiday.
- DO NOT remove or alter the label on the water sample vial.
- Visit ProEdgeDental.com/resources for aseptic collection technique protocol.
- Related product(s):
- Flo Waterline Testing Kit
Click below to download "Flo instructions for use"