June 13, 2023
Is it okay to use diluted bleach on my equipment?
In our experience, shocking with diluted bleach is a great and cost-effective way to eliminate biofilm and other lingering bacteria! We often get asked if shocking will lead to the corrosion of dental equipment. Because dental professionals invest a lot in their equipment, it’s understandable why dental offices would be concerned about this.
When in doubt, we recommend referencing your dental unit manufacturer’s instructions for use on how to effectively shock/clean your equipment.
If you are using diluted bleach to shock your waterlines, make sure to follow the directions carefully. We often see first-time shockers leave the solution in the lines for too long or forget to dilute the bleach with water prior to flushing them in the lines, each step is important. If you’d like to check out our how-to video on how to shock, you can head over to our resource library here.
Keep in mind, no shock solution is safe for patient consumption. Therefore, it is essential that after shocking you flush your lines with warm water for 2 minutes and cold water for 1 minute.
Or, if you have additional questions, talk to our safe water experts at 888-843-3343.
June 13, 2023
Suggested for You
What is the ratio for diluted bleach?
The ratio for diluted bleach is going to be dependent…
What is the difference between shocking, purging, and flushing?
Shocking: Shocking is the process of running a strong chemical…
How often should I shock?
We recommend shocking quarterly to help eradicate bacteria and biofilm…